1. I am making a commitment to provide love, safety, and care for the animal(s) I am placing through SGVAA until they are adopted into permanent homes. I understand that this may take weeks or even months, depending on the cat’s age.
2. I understand that SGVAA may rescind this agreement for failure to comply with any provision herein or any other SGVAA policy or procedure.
3. I have disclosed all pertinent information about the cat(s)/kitten(s) that may impact its adoption including but not limited to behavioral problems, pre-existing medical problems, socialization problems, or litter box problems.
4. In addition to providing a routine update about the status of my foster cat, I also agree to contact SGVAA whenever I have a concern or need assistance.
5. I understand that the cat(s) I am placing through SGVAA must be tested for Feline Leukemia (FeLV) and FIV, spayed or neutered and microchipped at my own expense.
6. I will keep the cats I am fostering indoors at all times. I understand that the cats are to be kept clean and sanitary for their health and well-being.
7. I will provide, at my own expense, food, litter and all other supplies needed for adequate and appropriate care.
8. I will follow the vaccination and medical schedule for my foster cat, and I agree to schedule vaccinations and any other required medical needs for my foster cat as recommended by SGVAA.
**SGVAA will provide basic medical care, including and limited to, vaccinations, de-worming for roundworms and tapeworms, and flea control as needed.
9. I will not put my animal(s) up for adoption through SGVAA until they are healthy and, if kittens, at least two pounds in weight and already spayed or neutered.
10. I will abide by SGVAA’s adoption placement policies.
11. I will keep up-to-date medical records of all medical care and bring copies of the records with the animal to all adoptions.
12. If I am no longer able to foster my cat(s)/kitten(s), I will either:
a) Make arrangements for them to be fostered by another individual until they are placed in permanent homes, or
b) Reimburse SGVAA for all medical care provided to my animal(s) and place them via different sources.
13. If my kitten(s)/cat(s) are given up in the future by their adopter, I agree to accept them back into foster until they are placed again.
14. I understand that SGVAA receives and keeps the adoption fee to support the organization’s medical expenses, food, and supplies.